One of our most devastating emotional experiences is the loss of a loved one. I am addressing the loss of loved one to death and through “romantic rejection” as two separate situations.
The power which we give to our love partner to determine to such a large degree our security, happiness and self-worth is largely the result of our childhood experiences and especially unfinished business with our parents. Thus we might need to also work on healing childhood experiences.
Affirmations for overcoming Romantic Rejection
Here is a list of some of the emotions we might feel when someone leaves us. Below each emotion we present some possible affirmations for getting free. These lists as always are there to guide you and never to limit you. There are many other possibilities.
1. Rejection (demeaned, worthless) because he/she does not want to be with me.
Even though until now I felt rejected (demeaned, worthless) because (name of person)____ left me, I now feel (realize, experience) my self-worth as a unique being without him/her.
2. Fear of continuing life without this person.
Even though until now I feared continuing life alone without (name of person)____ , I now feel (realize, experience) self-confidence and powerfully capable of dealing with life.
3. Fear (shame) of what others will think about me now that he/she has left.
Even though until now I feared what others would think because (name of person)____ left me , I now feel (realize, experience) my self-worth as a unique being, regardless of what they think.
4. Fear that I will not find anyone else to share my life with.
Even though until now, I feared I would not find anyone else to share my life with, I now am confident that I deserve and will attract the perfect being for me.
5. Hurt (pain, unhappiness, loneliness) of not having this person to hold, share, make love to, communicate with, etc.
Even though until now I felt I hurt (pain, unhappiness, loneliness) because I do not have (name of person)____ to hold (share, make love to communicate with etc. – be specific), I now experience the fullness of my being and of my life and lovingly connect with those around me.
6. Injustice (bitterness, resentment, betrayal) that he/she is unjustly harming, betraying, hurting us in this way.
Even though until now I felt Injustice (bitterness, resentment, betrayal) because (name of person)____ has behaved unjustly, I now have faith in the wisdom of what life gives me for my growth process.
7. Guilt (self-rejection) because I feel that I am to blame for his/her leaving.
Even though until now I felt guilt (self-rejection) because (name of person)____ left me, I now forgive and love myself, realizing that I have done and will do my best.
8. Jealousy if (because) he/she is with someone else
Even though until now I felt jealous because (name of person)____ is with someone else, I now feel the fullness of my being trust that life gives me exactly what I need for my growth process (self-actualization).
9. Anger (hate, revenge) because he/she has caused now so much pain.
Even though until now I felt anger (hate, revenge) because (name of person)____ left me (is with someone else), I now realize that I am perfectly capable of being happy and fulfilled without him/her.
10. Depression (disillusionment, discouragement) that I cannot have what I want and cannot do anything about it.
Even though until now I felt depressed (disillusioned, discouraged) because I could not be with (name of person)____ , I now realize (feel, experience) that I have the power to create the life I want.
It should not take long to work through all of the above. The pain which often takes months, and for some people, years, can be removed in a week or less. We help no one by feeling all these emotions.
Better to get on with our lives.