How to go on After Someone had Cheated on You
One of the hardest moments in a relationship would be to find out that your special someone has cheated on you. It is difficult to find out that all the things you have believed turns out to be untrue. It is even more difficult to find out that the effort you have placed into the relationship seems to have meant nothing to that person. So how do you actually go on after the person you love the most has cheated on you?
Here are some tips on how to go on after someone has cheated on you:
• Find out the reason as to why you were cheated on. There must have been a reason as to why your partner cheated on you.
• Do not blame yourself for your partner’s infidelity. There must have been a problem with the relationship. But that does not give your partner enough reason to be unfaithful to you.
• Do not be bitter about the whole thing. It is normal to feel terrible and to blame yourself. But you will get nowhere beating yourself up.
• It is best to spend time with friends and family during this time. You need the space to think as to how you want to go about with this situation.
• There are instances wherein the partner who cheated would want to get back together with you.
• Take all the time you need to assess as to whether getting back with that person would be worth it.
• Remember that there has been history of your partner cheating. You would not want to experience the same pain all over again. But then, this could also be a trial that would bring you both closer.
• Try to think back on the relationship. Length of the relationship is not a determinant as to whether you need to let it work. The depth is a factor though.
• Trust your gut feeling. You will be able to tell if he is sincere about getting back with you and how he actually feels about you.
• Get all the details about the affair from your partner. Though it might hurt, it is important that you know the details. If you feel that he is holding back or lying, then do not bother to try to work on it.
• Get advice from other people, such as close friends, family members and even people whom the both of you know. It would be nice to know what other people think. They are more objective and can see a better picture.
• Once you make a decision, stick to it. If you want to make it work, then put full effort into making it work. Try to take in your mistakes and find a way to make things better.
• If you want to call it quits, then stand by it. Make sure that you keep yourself busy in order not to feel tempted to keep in touch.
• It is best that you try to lose touch for the meantime. You do not need to be reminded of the pain you just went through. Plus it might be good to just keep some distance between you two. That way you would not be tempted to get back together with him.
• This is the time to love and take care of yourself. Give yourself time out. Allow yourself to breathe. Do not rush back into a relationship.
• Do not bother to pick a fight with the person your partner cheated with. It is not only that person’s fault. It takes two to tango. Your partner was equally at fault.
• Do not make excuses for your partner. There is no good excuse for doing this. He knew that he was in a relationship and should have been loyal.
Take your time to assess the situation. Do not make rash decisions which you might regret in the future. It is easy to just fall back into his arms as if nothing happened. but do not rush into this. Love yourself. Think about things carefully. Eventually you will find someone whom you can trust fully. Just keep your heart open and it will come.