How to Have a Healthy Relationship
a relationship is a constant work in progress. You need to work on it constantly. You need to put time and effort in order to make it work. you cannot expect the relationship to just work by itself. You both need to make conscious effort in order to make sure the relationship will be able to last and flourish.
Here are some tips to a healthy relationship:
- never take each other for granted. Treat your partner the same way you would treat your boss or friend. You would never treat your friend shabbily. Give your partner the same kind of respect and care.
- Talk constantly. Make sure you give yourselves time to talk to each other. Talk about the mundane things like the lame show on the television. It is good that you both would continue to learn about each other through knowing about your own individual opinions on matter.
- Argue about little things. When I say argue, I mean debate about things. This will keep things spicy as you both will learn more about each other. You will get to know more likes and dislikes as people change day by day.
- Go out on dates. It is important that you both would make time to relax with each other. It is hard to get excited about dates when you have been going out with each other for a long time. Try to go to different places to eat or do different things that you do not normally from time to time. This will keep the element of surprise there at all times.
- Be touchy feely with each other. Make sure that you hug, touch and hold hands. This might sound so juvenile but this will help keep the relationship alive. You both need to feel each other to be able to keep the romance alive.
- Spend time apart. Although it is good to make sure that you both have quality time together, it is also important that you spend time with other people. This way you both would appreciate each other more. It is also important that you spend time with other people as well so that you will learn about other things from different people.
- Take up similar things together. Do some sports together or take up a hobby together. It is essential that you both have something in common. Common interests or projects help strengthen the relationship.
- Go out together once in a while. It is important to get away from the mundane things of everyday life. you need time from everything and go get a change of scenery such as visiting other countries or heading out to the beach.
- Surprise each other. There is nothing like the element of surprise to get the relationship going strong.
- Kiss. Kissing is a very important part of the relationship that people tend to forget about. We should never underestimate the role of kisses. They excite people and fulfill the physical needs of people.
- Travel or go places alone. It is good to be with your partner. But you also need ME time. It will make you a better partner if you also have time for yourself to do things that you like to do. You need to be able to have your own time and your own life.
- Do things that make you happy. If you like painting, take up painting as a hobby. It is essential that you fulfill your own things. You need to be able to accomplish your own things to be able to feel happy and eventually be a good partner.
- Have a different set of friends from your common friends with your partner. You both should have common friends. but you also need your own set of friends who like the same things you do. As you both are two different people, you both might not like all the same things. So it is important that some people in your life would be able to share the same things with you.
- Have a relationship with his family and friends. you might not like all of them. But make it a point to see them. Be nice and polite to them. They are a big part of your partner’s life. if you love your partner, you would take the time to get to know them better.
A relationship is a constant work in progress. You need to always put in effort to make things work. eventually this will all pay off big time.