Tips on Finding a Perfect Birthday Gift for Your Girlfriend
Your girlfriend’s birthday is coming up and now you are stuck in the same dilemma as last year – what to get her for her special day. The hardest part about getting gifts for your girlfriend is that you are never sure if she will actually appreciate it or not. Your best bet is to follow these words of advice so that you can more or less get her a gift that she will actually appreciate more than she’ll hate:
• What are your girlfriend’s interests and hobbies? What does she enjoy doing over all other things? If she is the type of girl who loves to get a makeover because it relaxes her, get her a gift certificate for a whole weekend at a spa which she can enjoy with a girlfriend. If she is into a particular sport, find out what gear or equipment she is lacking in her sports set and bring her to the store so she can choose her favorite brand. If she loves books, give her a gift certificate so that she can buy 5 of her favorite books at her favorite bookstore. Or maybe it is as simple as cooking her a home cooked meal followed by an intimate cuddling session.
• If she has a certain passion or hobby that she is pursuing then get her something that she will truly appreciate. If she is a stamp collector, try to find her a unique stamp that she doesn’t have yet. If she loves books, try to get her the one book she has been searching for but hasn’t found yet. By acknowledging that you appreciate her love for her hobby, she will definitely love whatever you give her in connection to it. It really is the thought that counts.
• If there are things that she neglects about herself because she cannot afford it or merely because she doesn’t have the time for it, try to provide it for her. Get her a weekend-long spa treatment that she has been longing for but never could afford. Or you can get her the universal remote unit and program it for her to take care of all her remote control needs at home. You could also get her car serviced and cleaned for her so that she doesn’t have to worry about it again. By doing these gestures, she will surely discover that you are attentive to her needs and are trying the best that you can to make things easier and more relaxed for her. Doing these things for her birthday will be something she will appreciate above many things.
• Plan a unique experience that you can enjoy together. In fact, plan three things and let her choose. That way you won’t be stuck with one activity that she may not enjoy entirely. Examples of presentable choices are scuba diving, a hot air balloon ride, or a bungee-jumping experience! Let her choose and enjoy the experience with her. You’ll definitely be reminiscing over that for the next few years.
• Take her on a weekend trip, just the two of you, to a place she’s always wanted to go. This may entail more spending on your part, but if she’s worth it, then definitely make it a birthday option. So whether it is a weekend in Mexico or in Hawaii, plan it so that you will be able to see the sights that are worth seeing and so that you’ll be able to spend romantic nights and moments with each other to cherish for a long time.
• If there is a special skill that she has always wanted to enhance, then sign her up for a class which she can participate to improve that skill. Classes in cooking, a foreign language, painting, or even gardening will do. Depending on what her interests are and what she has been longing to do for a long time, look for classes that will fulfill her desires and make her better at something. She will really enjoy that!
Now that you have the basic checklist of what to consider when getting your special someone a perfect birthday gift, go out and start looking at your options now. Remember, it really is the thought that counts, and the more thought you put into it, the more you will receive extra points for maintaining a happy relationship.